Tea Dipped Ribbon

Tea dipped ribbon
Fraying at the tips
How you soak up
And drip
The herbs intended for my lips

Tea dipped ribbon
You were meant to keep my page
Now you've moistened me
At the fingertips
And left my pages stained
Blank
With the tea I drank
Warmed up my body
From where my stomach sank

Heavy guts have warned me
And my vocal chords are raw
From incantations to loose-leaf
Speak of the visions which we saw
It was difficult to see at first
Now I feel unhinged at the jaw

Tea dipped ribbon
How you flutter like my hair
The wind may shake you dry
But the memory will always be there
Faded in the places
Where we once were self aware
Reflected darkness from the depths within your stare

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping