Post Script

Broken hearts make for the best poetry.
Well duh.

My heart is most open when it is pulled
Apart at the seams
Perforated meanderings
Heartbreak songs with double meanings
I had not heard before

Suddenly I'm smiling..
I'm no stranger to these fleeting in-betweens
Romantic tangents
Nomadic stagnancy
Distractions only ever leave my eyes hungry
Famished

Put myself on pause til you vanish
And I can find myself again
Gain my footing once again
Ready to take the next step
In this self directed relationship

Understanding of self,
Healing of self
Being myself,
Being by myself.

Finding peace in solitude and solace
Feeling brave and brazen
To stand up against my thoughtlessness
In this conditioned routine
Instead of reveling in the process
Of thought
And creative dreams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping