Sun in Orbit

To be honest,
I'm not worried about your attention..
As soon as I hit that mic
I know you'll remember why you came in
Soaking in the depths of my affections
Through these incantations of love

No, we don't
Need to make it known
How much we've grown into this intimacy
These past couple months specifically...
Because I know exactly who I want to come home with me
You see,
I don't need you to carve my name
Into your two empty wrists
Like property for you to proclaim
I was hoping maybe
We could just
Coexist

Resist the urge
To feed into the Third
World dimensions
Of starvation
For a nation satiated only
By codependency

The highest consumer market
Is that of the heart
And I never wanted our dynamic to fall apart
To the sweet sound of Disney music
And air conditioner jingles

If that's the case I'd rather just stay single
Allowing our thoughts to continue to intermingle
In the freedom of our reflected star freckles
Guiding us back to one another night after night

I always keep the moon in my sight
Even when she is hidden
So eye can see you
Even in the darkness and clouds,
Whatever else may shroud us in the shadows of our own self doubt
And inadequacy

It's always been your growth which intrigues me
The beauty of our journey..
Our footsteps are what keep the Earth turning
I'm still barely learning to take them one at a time
I cannot lie,
You have this way of quieting my mind
Letting go
Where my grip may falter
Finding me a different piece of myself to hold onto

You have this way of showing me all the things I've grown blind to
So I just want to remind you
That our bond is nothing I wish to bind you
To me
A magnetic pull which you can both feel and see
Gravitationally..
Inherent connection
Without fear of possession
Love without obsession
Congruent in passion
A magnetic attraction
Releasing any reason for physical attachment

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping