Too Full For Seconds

It takes two to tango,
But only one to dance
Leaves me shuddering at the thought
Of a second chance
At romance
Time ceases
With my heart
Again in your hands

What I know of seconds is they have a way
Of always slipping away
Slowly
When the clouds resonate a dark gray
Heartache hangs closely
And I'm mostly
Expecting
The onslaught of rejection
Guts twist
In the midsection

Redirection
Of my intentions
Suddenly I'm craving your attention
Daydream indulgence
In the different dimensions
Of your affections

What is love but another segmented season
To dive into believing
That we fall for honorable reasons
To revel in the death of all the reds and golds
To grasp at every syllable in quiet spells on untouched scrolls
Reigniting our ember souls

Misspoken words are the only ones which seem to be heard

Side by side, two estranged worlds
Intersect and twirl
Cracks in her porcelain mask reveal the face of a scared little girl

One second was split for these emotions to stir
Thought I was free of his grasp,
But no sir..

They say first is the worst
Second the best
But the third time's the charm

One, two, three red flags resound alarms

Now I'll only admire from afar,
Though you may have mistaken me
For another piece of debris
To pull into your gravity
Radiantly
Through the shadows, I'll pass you by

The shooting star you forgot to wish upon,
The fleeting sparkle in your eye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping