Hourglass

People often compare love to the sea or to the moon
Sonnets, prose, confessions to
These aquatic and celestial bodies
Swaying melodically through
The infinite oceans of time

Time
We do not swim through time
We exist
And time swims through us
Residing only within the confines
Of these mortal minds

Why shall I compose some quaint, misconstrued
Rendition of my love for you
Another whispered syllable
In cliche comparison,
To something so earthly and so variable

Though I have not all the answers
(Though perhaps I might)
My love for you transcends the night
Transcends the water refracted light
Glinting from your charcoal eyes
Two lustrous pebbles smoothened from years of tumult
We victims to this human construct
Both love and time alike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping