Knock Out

I wake up dizzied by thoughts of you
Circling round
Like a knock out,
Then I spend the rest of the day
Icing away the pain

Bumps and bruises on my decrepit heart
Riddled like graffiti street art
In stitches and scars,
You itch my idea of wholeness

How your gaze holds me like a spotlight
In the warmth of your fleeting affection
I've never known this kind of attention
And I long for the days of ignorance
Before making your acquaintance
Before initiating this
Back and forth dance
Of readiness
Unsteadiness
Of hoping to bask in your loveliness
To waking thoughts of how much I'm dreading this
Love me, love me not

Petals dismembered
Like limbs from my lifeless body
Hoping maybe someday
You'll land on "love me"
This hope remains
My heartache's only remedy
Echoing in masochistic melody
Bloody and still outliving the disappointment of our yesterday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping