Conch's Concord (Love Song)

Should Love taste of quenched quill?
Soggy inkwell solace
Insatiable parchment
Drunk off petty quid pro quos,
Cancerous courtships
In valiant familial coup

Shall we transcend the bullshit martyrdom?
Heaven's sake,
Should the earth quake at
Unaccompanied feet
Bare and grounded,
Filthy in mother's dirt
Soiled dresses,
Black bottomed britches
Familiar in fancily disrobed
Disobedience

She is told
She comes from "breeding"
Never forget that
No man could ever be worthy
Should he not have
A home, a car, financial security...
Far too robust to request
Reciprocated interest, trust,
Emotional vulnerability

I am a poet,
Therefore my heart has long since been courted
A mere whisper,
A flutter of blank pages
Black stains upon a calloused right ring finger

I have loved and lost myself
Amidst the fog of many midnight hours
Stretched across the length of lovers' necks
Delicately adorned in soft raven tresses
Tracing collarbones to a garden of goosebumps and forbidden rendezvous

She tastes like the sweetness of summer
Drizzling outlines of ripened flesh,
Or like freshly baked indulgences
Temptation tainting supper's appetite

I am a meteor shower
In the ebony of New Moon
Washing over you in milky ways
Freckled haze stardust
Flustered pink auroras
Beams emanating from every wrinkled time crease
Tessering the frequencies of your sheets
I am no stranger to these melodies
They leave me humming your songs well into morning

Grieving a lifetime
Of breaks from hearts never meant for me
Passions pendulum to stagnancy
Complacency grown synonymous to comfort
Craving consorts of chilling degrees
Awakening extremities in my bones
Breaking boundaries of norm
Conforming crashing waves against the shore
How they take form in tendril currents
Spiraling depths of your oceans
Howling softly into pillowcase whispers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping