What's The Dark Matter With You

"Things remain dark when you're looking thru closed eyes
Blindly crashed and burned after one too many rides
Now capsized and broken against salty altlantic tides..
Still, I taste freedom in the wind,
Sultry touch of sunshine upon my skin
And thru this winding road it's been
A slow repentance of my faults and sins,
Tho it's been some time since
I captured that pretty smile in my Polaroid prints
Back when we were on the fence
Between living life or death
Whispers of hidden truths muttered underneath my breath
With a guilty heart pounding symphonies behind my chest
Back then I wore it best upon denim patchwork sleeves
Rolled up in dried tobacco leaves
Still I exhale and release
Staying lost in daydreams and moonlight reveries."

- R. Darko™
Written 2/17/18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping