Sterling Park Apts Review

The landscaping is nice.. that is where the majority of your money will be going. Other than that, the apartment itself is decent, but prepare for a lot of issues with bad pipes, unsafe area at night, and lack of communication from office management!

Already had some damage to the carpet upon move-in, and my patio had paint chipping off which my toddler kept picking at. When I asked for them to scrape and refinish it, they just painted over it with the same paint which is still chipping to this day. No screen on the back door either, and it gets really hot on the bottom floor in the summer, so either prepare to let bugs in or rely solely on ac.

Everything else is honestly just old or inefficient which they don't do much by way of servicing effectively. The pipes were almost always clogged in both the kitchen and the bathroom.. no garbage disposal so they tell me I gotta use the drain catch, but even that doesn't help cause all the pipes between all three floors are connected, stacked on top of each other. My dishwasher would flood constantly and they would take between 2-4 days sometimes to send someone to fix it cause there were other apartments with greater priorities to fix like broken old ac units or bad septic pipes outside. So beware because mold/mildew/smell was a constant. There would be days when my water would be shut off for hours (without warning) due to them working on pipe issues in neighboring buildings.

Also, most notably, this area is very bad at night. It's not gated and the parking lot is not lit up at all. There have been several break-ins in the year I've lived here. A couple I've witnessed first hand, which neither security nor the office seemed to handle well or in any way with the residents' safety in mind.

Security dispatch did not have a sense of urgency when I called, and even gave me an attitude when I called back to check up. They have one security guard who doesn't even get here until 7, 8, 9 o'clock (who knows the real time they're supposed to be there because they would give me a different answer every time and I would never actually see them until it was late). The office closes at 6, so we're sitting ducks til then.

Even after the multiple break-ins and my mailbox literally getting broken into and my mail stolen, NOT ONCE did the office EVER inform the residents of any possible danger they could be in. I brought it up to the office manager Robinette on several occasions, all times with her reaction being "well we had to send the report to our attorney to decide how best to handle this legally." AKA she didn't inform anyone of anything and instead tried to keep things hush by offering the residents affected to break their lease without financial repurcussion, which I couldn't afford a deposit for a new apartment in a better area at the time.

I am a single mother living on the bottom floor and it is terrifying to wake up and see handprints on my back sliding door from someone trying to see if they can open it. The office doesn't care and would rather just focus on overcharging people for these crappy dilapidated pipes and try to cover it up with pretty grass and trees and call it "home."

I am disgusted not only with this entire complex, but especially with office management. Aside from the generally unpleasant attitude I have to deal with from Dolores, the fact is when it came down to it, they just didn't care about the residents or their safety, and shrugged off the multiple unsafe things that have happened. Those are just the ones I've personally witnessed. Who knows what else has gone down that they continue to keep hush instead of actually resolving these issues to create a better neighborhood for people to live in comfortably.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Which Apocalypse Are You Rooting For?