Reese's Review: Fall Booster Pack - VOS

Upon first glance at the cover art, the listener gets a faint glimmer of the quirky references Vos has to offer on this EP. Upon opening up with the "unwrapping" of this fresh pack, Vos kicks it off with the velvet smooth vocal aesthetic accompanied by catchy laidback cadence on Darling. I love all the anime references on this track! Definitely hit me in my nerd feels without taking away from that badass demeanor.

This is then followed by what I described to Vos himself as an "eerie lounge" vibe on Don't Ask (Let It Burn). Definitely a dope track to chill and smoke to, so the line "let it burn, let it burn" is more than appropriate.

But where he got me was on his track Persevere. Talk about a rebel yell. "Tell me how to persevere, when I don't give a fuck about a person here." Embodying that feeling of displacement we artists are no stranger to, Persevere emanates that relatable passion over this inner conflict of creating for the very people who gave us backlash, often berating us with their doubts and naysaying. Dogfuck's feature only enhances the track with his contrasting vocals to Vos's, but complementary word play and clever references as well.

He wraps up the EP with the last two tracks being remixes of Darling and Don't Ask (Let It Burn). Vos definitely displays that he has a good head about his collaborations as the two additional features also complement his own style well, only amplifying the cool style he maintains throughout the entire album.

Short and sweet, I've been bumping this album for the last couple weeks on repeat.. needless to say, I will definitely be the one hella fangirling tomorrow night during his set! If you haven't given it a listen yet, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?

You can find him at @viciousvos on most everything, and search "Vos - Fall Booster Pack" on YouTube!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping