Happily

Forever is not just a promise
It is hard work
It is finding coexistence and compromise
To love and accept every single quirk
Without the burden of self-sacrifice
Forever is shared happiness
It is early mornings, and late nights
Back rubs, wine, and occasional fights
Easily cured with a "babe, you were right"
It is an anniversary poem
For year one, and year one hundred
It is chocolates and hearts
Without an "I love you" left unspoken
And I don't mean when you meant to say "goodbye," or "I'm sorry," or "I miss you"
It is hanging onto all three words "I" "Love" and "You"
Individually and tenderly
So that every word resounds endlessly
Knowing that I am not I without You,
That You are not a fantasy come true
But a reality I've only dreamt of
And that the most important thing bridging You and I together is Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping