Lonely Me, Lovely Me

Being alone doesn't have to mean being lonely
It's not like you could possibly be the only
One who's been thinking, wishing,
"If only they could hold me..."
A common thought and yet not often spoken boldly

When you're scared of being torn apart,
Because you've barely begun unfolding

I crafted myself this paper crane heart
To fly away before it's stolen,
While the weight of my words
Keep pressing pause like semicolon
Leave them speechlessly in awe,
Feeling moved, though their feet are frozen

This might not be the life we'd chosen
But it's the truth we choose to speak
Trampled earth remains the same no matter underneath whose feet

Footprints in the sand reveal it's always just been me
Push and pull of currents, still my gaze turned towards the sea
Reflected depths of mystery
Layers of both darkness and clarity
I need both to fully see
Transcendental in whatever my mental state may be

I remind myself how to breathe
Solitary
Solace
Let the answers flow profoundly
- Rs.Darko

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping