Super Power

I have this super power
To wipe away my tears
With wide ruled paper
And every drop
That mixes with the ink
Stirs clouds into my
Already hazy thoughts,
I think
I need a coffee
Caffeine
Is the only drug I've been
Fiending for
I've been trying to wake up
For a minute now
Just to find myself
Conscious in a world of endless
Snoozing
My head is pounding
Pressure blinding
I'm going Cyclops
The next time I open these things
Lazer beam shots
Through the next
Discus spinning
In contradiction to this
Already crazy story
We're two Freudian slips away
From functioning Anarchy
Mutant Uprising
Disrupting conditioned fear
For now we know
We are the Revolution we've been waiting for
We are the vaccine to our sick society
Power to the People
Black lives not only matter
They are an orchestra of a culture
Screaming to be heard
Deserving of Love
And reparations
-Civil Movement's
Donations
Contributing to "ActBlue"
Who??
I don't know who to
Give my two cents to
Or who to aim this fist at
So I turn it up
To the Full Moon
Equinox
Towards God
Middle fingers up
Cause I don't trust NONE
Of y'all
Red or Blue
Keep it local
Power to my own
Community
Local super powers
Build a natural immunity
Protect the throne
Of the voiceless and broken
Armed with open minds
And closed carry
It's only scary
If we continue this haunting tale
Blood boiled and spilled
Brothers and sisters
No strangers
To this hell,
To the shovel and pail,
Or the inside of a cell
They try to bury us in silence
But the truth comes to surface
Like bodies in a well
Poisoning the reservoir
With excuses
And false news
We refuse to swallow anymore
Of these psychological
Pollutants
You see I have this super power
And every time I find myself
Drowning in this eloquently
Crafted bullshit
And propaganda
I let the tears swell
And gather my pages
In a chapped bundle
Of salt-splattered clarity
This is my story

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Which Apocalypse Are You Rooting For?