Love in the Time of Quarantine

What a strange time to be alive,
To be rising in Love..
There, I said it.
Protected
By the sanctity of our prose
How they carry these words
Tenderly tucked away
Into the petals of blossoming romance

I disclosed
My struggle
With the tug of war
Inside me
Where traumas and past conditioning
Have told me
This is not allowed to happen
That someone's pretending
About something
Everything
Settling
For the idea of us
I don't ever want to punish
You for these scars
Nor myself for healing still

You make settling sound kinda nice
Not to insinuate anything less
Than everything I've ever wanted
But the thought that I could plant roots
In you
Make a home out of the space
Between your heart and your rib cage
So the next time someone tries to take a shot at you
I could take that bullet
Into my soil
The same way
Cupid shot me down
-bang bang
And blossom into that empty clip
Like flowers bandaging open wounds

I used to fear the tether of the term
"Relationship"
Until I realized that all connections
Are just that
Aquatic vessels
Navigating the waves of consciousness
Caressing the shores of my mind
With relativity
All sails and no anchor
Coasting along cross winds
And paralleled trajectories

It's so new to me
Undoubtedly
Unboundedly
Opening this chest cavity
Wide and exposed 
I'm not scared of her inner workings
I know she is a fine machine
And I can't believe it took a whole
Quarantine
To finally figure that shit out
To look in the mirror and say
Yes Queen
Show them that
Big
Pussy
Energy
And so I did
And there you were
Just to soak it all in
Like salty sea air
And sunshine
Reflected ocean mist

You say you are descendant of voyagers
I am a body of water
With depths
That would make the Mariana's look
Like a skin blemish
Tumult in these bones
Adventures down every channel
Of my subconscious

I've got a naval fleet
Armed to the teeth
But I swear you're showing me
How to trust again
How to open my banks to allies
And friendly fires
Along the coastline
Sharing orange slice moonsets
How her beauty pales in comparison
To your silhouetted horizon
I could chase your dawn
Hanging onto strands of Light
In the fractured mahogany of your irises
If you would cradle my dusk
And tell me nothing could hold you back
From sharing this love between us
No distance,
Nor this killer virus,
Not even my warnings of brokenness
Because I am descendant of warriors
And I am never summoned
For anything
That's not worth fighting for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping