Valedictorian

I know more about lessons
than I do about love.
I could be a professor
at Heartbreak University
with a double major
in Red Flags and Toxic Behaviors
minor in Self Care
and Healthy Boundaries.
No matter the degree
of separation
between my words and actions
still I find myself applying for
yet another semester.

There is something in the summer air
that leaves me feeling ambitious
to pick up a new course
curriculum in your private study.
Give me some credit
I know I can be a bit extra,
but I've heard I make a great homework buddy
even with my history of making homes
out of pieces of work.
I've graduated top of my class
and I'm not looking for another project.
You could say I'm in the market
for a reliable a lab partner
well-versed in chemistry
and safety precautions,
unafraid to stray from the syllabus
for the purpose of
Higher learning.
Interning
with Intuition and Observation
has given me
the kind of work experience
that looks damn good on a resume.
So don't play
yourself into thinking
you can Spark Notes your way
through this.
I am more than text and analysis.
A mixture of scripture and scrolls,
philosophies untold,
Socratic method to my madness.
I remain a student of Spirit;
A teacher of Soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping