Swallow

Do you ever just look at your child and think,
"What if I had swallowed you?”

You can't say the idea hasn't crossed your brain at least once

Not that motherhood is not a joy, and a blessing,
one of the greatest of life's lessons
Just every now and again
when your patience is running thin,
and your kid is being a teeny bit of a little shit

The tiny filaments
of that lightbulb in your attic
spark alight
with memories and reveries
of the possibility of that other life

You know fifteen years of twerking don't just disappear over night
no matter how you try to hide
behind your post-preggo fitness photos and #momlife
You know there's still that part of you inside
who knows exactly what to do with that extra jiggle in your thighs

Oh yeah,
you know I'd been waiting to grow into these hips,
wideset
as if to imitate the vastness of my mindset
Every lover lost to endless sunsets
caught up in thoughts of me,
Pondering the ways they wanna lay me out
like a Sunday picnic,
a delicious spread aesthetic
a finger in my mouth
a taste for tease, I can't help but lick it

Give it a nibble
entice them a little to
start playing with my nipples
Before everything on my body became a vessel
for fucking food
and I didn't feel weird or guilty at all for feeling
fucking good
Because
you know it really does
and I don't know if it's the moon
or this buzz
that's making me wanna fuuuhh
fall asleep in their arms on this couch
after we sweat it out
And I opt to catch these kids in my mouth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping