Dream State

Last night
I caught myself spelling out your name in the stars
Like I could connect the dots
To your beauty marks
-find our history in these constellations

I can hear the stillness of Earth
Reverently laced into your love languages
As if your heartbeat were the drum beneath her crust
Thrust deep into the mantle
Of what could make her tremble and spin

How you leave me feeling dizzy,
Call it a daze
But there's no confusion
The communion which is taking place
How songs we've never heard together
Remind me of nights
I'd spent learning
The curve of your face
The softness of your lips against mine
Like a glow of light
Or the soothing buzz of neon
I feel your warmth by my side
As if we've done this over a hundred times

You called our alignment Divine
And I'm inclined to agree
You see,
I spent so much of this life feeling unworthy
Creating fear
Out of mystery
And the daunting pursuit of freedom
It was never luck that I needed
Only a change of narrative
From feeling so defeated and lost

I found the key to this kingdom
Hidden in my heart
The same time I stumbled upon your poetry
I saw magic in those bars
The same way I see fire in your eyes
And I don't ever want to think of another night passing by
Without a freckled reflection of your Light painted across my sky

Looking at me the way you do
Whether it's in my dreams
Or through a phone screen on Zoom
I don't believe in coincidence
Only in the breaking of resistance
Towards the unknown

All I know
Is that when I speak of this glow
I find myself sauntering slowly
Towards you like a moth to flame
Opening our DMs
At 3:33am
Just to see your name next to mine
Replaying your voice memos like a lullaby
I sigh, and return to this dreamy state
To fall asleep in your embrace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping