Shawshank

Now I find myself quarantined, confined
Truth is, I've been a prisoner in my mind for years
In the corners of my consciousness are small padded rooms
Where I allow myself to be consumed by my fears
In the voices of others I claim to be my own

Thirty years I've aged, but so few of them I've grown
Feeding into fears of disapproval and failure
Entertaining distractions and delusions of grandeur

Still I've continued to punish myself
For these lowercase l's
Instead of addressing my creation of this hell
In the form of denied truth
Fear
Fear
Fear
Stop.
Do not let this fear become you

Paralytic:
Do not halt your feet from forward-moving progress

Parasitic:
Self-invest your precious energy before it can be drained by someone else

Copacetic:
Accept the grand design, relinquish your need for control

Poetic:
See thru the scope that allows the beauty of life to unfold

I'm not accustomed to the quiet
Her silence whispers secrets in the night
Pull the covers from me slowly
Exposed to my self imposed fright
No need for candles to protect me
I am the creator of my Light
Now I choose to face my shadows
Won't let them take me without a fight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping