Disclaimer for Your Heart

Everything is so finite in this reality,

You like to remind me, it’s all about timing

So don’t mind me being happy to have a couple moments for me and you


Forever is a long time,

A promise rarely upheld

Perhaps forever is just a feeling like love itself

Coming and going as it pleases

Subconsciously fleeting,

Like Nickelodeon or Disney 

Always finding ways to return

Comic books and super heroes

Who died already then had the audacity

To respawn in an alternate universe


Perhaps this is just our origin story

Two celestial bodies dancing around collision

for the first time


We find ourselves pulling closer by sheer magnitude

Though we have our own solar systems to attend to…


I can honestly say I love you

Because I have for a while

Though the feeling has reshaped and grown and shown me

Different reasons why


You know the clarity

of atmospheric boundaries

in a seemingly boundless sky

Gravity giving purpose to flight

So we might lift off without losing ground 


Spread wings as vast as your smile

Gliding sunscapes into watercolor horizons

Falling asleep to heartbeat lullabies amidst the earth’s ephemeral silence


How moon sees its reflection

in darkness of ocean

Endearing its caress of shore

You make me want to explore new facets of movement

Like dandelions growing toward sun through cracked pavement


A puzzle with a missing piece

My play doh spirit wanting

to fill that space with anything

to take away your empty

Embrace you any time a shiver finds its way into your bones

Gaze into constellations

to find our way back home


Clouds of sighs

Bring out blueness in your eyes

But your voice billows through the masses

like a Sunday service

Cadence and flow with words worth weekly worship


This is

a candlelit disclaimer for your heart

Shooting star teaching moon to fly

I wish only to bask in our dust

The beauty of us scattered across an infinite night 

How we happen to align

For a series of stolen moments, and sultry rhymes…

I would read this story a hundred times

Though, as you like to remind me,

We have yet to stop writing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping