Situated

Honestly, this doesn't feel very situated
Fixated maybe on the hope of feelings being reciprocated
I'm up at 6am contemplating
If this is more friendship than dating
Or if I'm simply satiating
That itch for codependency
Hopefully waiting
For these emotions to grow into something less complicating
Both of us showing interest
Neither one ready to attempt to invest
I try not to think of what may come next
Fully enjoy your presence in each of our moments

I say I'm married to the grind
Really I'm committed to my time
And this is quite unlike me
To not want to make you mine
Because you occupy my mind
More often than I'd like to admit
I'm taking things slow to know this won't be something I'll regret
If resentment is our inevitable descent
I'd rather keep you as a friend instead
Because this love I feel doesn't outweigh my respect
In my opinion, that's a harder thing to get

The grammar of our body language may get my lips wet
But a tongue well-versed in rhetoric
Can stimulate my intellect

I cannot say I'm not happy where we're at
Taking mindful footsteps in tall grass
Tell me that we'll go wherever we can grow
How the Wild never stops though it doesn't move too fast

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping