Unmask Yourself

I hide behind this mask to cover up all the faults and cracks I wear embedded into my flesh... parts of me forever unseen even by those who know me best

Sometimes I forget where the mask ends while the rest of me projects

A facade is an easy scapegoat
At times even easier to digest
Beware when this shell begins to wear you
When it can no longer protect
You from imprisonment
From the crown to the top of the neck
Best defense lies upon introspect
Find solace within the rhetoric
Unmasked, unfiltered
Tongue unsheathed, unhilted

Perennial flower wilted
Ready to rise once again
Phoenix in the form of sunflower
Soil shifted, still feeling uplifted
Towards the Light of Higher Power

Rs Darko

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping