Lessons From My Son

Dark recess,
While I reflect
On the opposite side
Of moonlight,

Tells me
I don't deserve you
And it is right

You are
Never meant to be
Something to possess

Your presence
A blessing,

Our lessons learned
Lessen
My lack of purpose

For you,
I continue
For you,
I grow

For you
Are me, Sun,
And so much more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This little boy is the love and Light of my life. He illuminates me even when I am mostly darkness. I do not exist to steal his shine, but to reflect this back to him in his own darkest hours. Growing through what we go through. I will never give up on myself because I will never give up on him.

Last week was a hard one.

Depression is weird like that. One could be living in a state of bounty as I feel I am now. Spiritually, creatively, communally fulfilled, living a life of both physical and divine purpose in the integrity of my beliefs.

Still the darkness lingers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping