Red Flags

I know we've all been here before
We've all seen the red flags
Blaringly taboo

But he's so sweet, and we're so cute together
So how could this be bad?

"Baby," "babe," "bae," "boo"
Of course these couldn't be names to make a pet out of you

No that can't be true
There is a closeness between us already that I can see
We've only been talking for about a week
And he just can't seem to keep his hands off me
Probably cause we had sex that one night
So now he can't help it but expect it, but it's all right
It feels fine, and I feel fine
I guess, yeah, I'm his now and he's mine
That's good, right?
That means I'm sexy
That means he wants me
I do love having someone next to me
Even if we aren't talking...

I think maybe he's just that kind of guy
Maybe he just gets a little bit shy

Yeah and maybe one day you'll realize
That the word "excuses" still equates to "lies"
That we keep running and running from
Yet we still cannot hide
From the truth of the signs
Right in front of our eyes...

Cause he's your man, your king, right?
So that should make you his queen,
Right?
Not just another one of his collected pretty things.. right?
I thought we'd grown out of dollies and plastic rings
Lovely little princess with her fairy tale dreams

We've all seen the red flags
But all too often we do not heed their warnings
Searching for happy endings in romantic stories
So the darkness we try ignoring
Gets hidden between the pages
Pressed into the sheets
Like dried up petals and leaves
Slowly disintegrating
Into corpses of who they used to be

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping