Queen Flow (written to "J cole Type Beat - Morning Sun")

I think that I could poet since the time I could write
Like my rhymes mightta come straight out the cervix tight
I claimed them like my birthmarks, call it my birthright
The only thing my daddy's genes seem to ever do right
Stuck between the retrospect and 20/20 hindsight
Third eye blinked cause it got blinded by the limelight
I'm like dust mites you caught drifting through beams of spotlights
Searching for answers in shadows
Better get your mind right

Maybe you should keep your heart left
Cause the second he walked out your life
That was just the first step
Don't let them come knocking
If they ain't coming correct
Don't give immortal words 
When they're not understanding rhetoric
It's pathetic how they still expecting us Queens
To give up head on our knees
Without learning bout the mind underneath
Please!
It's not worth the momentary release
Half the time it comes without the reciprocities
So goddess be weary and don't give up the crown
If he don't want you today,
Then don't keep hanging around
I promise he ain't worth your tears not even worth a slight frown
And you know I'm only a phone call away if you're feeling let down 

Queen, Queens
Sisters breathe
Don't let em drain
You of your energy
Remember we're Queens
Royal blood coursing
Through divine entities

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping