Chalice

I cannot be tamed
Nor am I here for you to contain
When you don't even call me by my name
Solely perceived as a means to entertain
As this fantasy
As I see that's all you see in me
Is a chance to be inside of me
But to be honest your rollercoaster does not look inviting
And I've reserved my right to refuse riding
No not because I'm scared or nervous
But because I seek self-love and true purpose
Because I strive to be more than just my surface
More than my supple curves and porous, dewy trenches
Side stepped you
Like your collection of wenches didn't dare to
Maybe because they didn't see fit
Or maybe they didn't feel that they were worth shit
Maybe a man told them their whole lives that they deserved it
Deserved anything less than to be treated like the sacred goddess
The muse, the solace,
The very chalice which brought us
You see, life would be nothing without the womb
Encompassing you
Igniting the the wick to your flames and fumes
Which toxic lovers had yet to consume
I read my future in runes
And they told me that sex is something anyone can do
But you..
You are a sacred vessel, a masterpiece
You are the key to your own happiness
You are the blade and the sheath
Demanding unblinded eyes to behold what's underneath

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping