Last Night's Thoughts Hanging Over Me

Eyelids hanging over eyeballs
Cracking to meet the garish sun
Stomach hanging over guts
Hanging over clothes left partially undone

Time is loud,
Minute hand hanging over number one

My lashes fan away the sight of responsibility
Hanging over my head
As I lay crippled in my bed
Half dead
Hanging over all the slurred truths I left unsaid
Last night
I might have been
Hung up on the one who never made it,
Strung up on the crucifix I created
So martyr me!
So long as I never see another drink again
Sickening nights reveal your true friends
Startling
To see the intentions of hungry men
Hanging over me like a loosely draped kimono
Risque from one shoulder
Unintentional invitation was a no, no
But still they see yes

And the expectations clung to me like a little black dress
Hanging over me in their judgements
As if the bottom of this cup was a vortex
Leading to unwarranted advancements for sex

Let them assume what they want I guess,
But I find these hungover thoughts relentless
So remind me of this poem just in case I forget
At whatever event I might go to next

-rs.darko

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping