Sick Selfie Saturday

I didn't get to write my weekend post because I woke up Saturday morning with the worst stomach sickness! :c[

If you're the workaholic kind of parent that I can sometimes be, then you understand how excruciating it can be to throw in the towel and just admit defeat to common illness. Needless to say, experiencing this amount of pain and uselessness while having to watch Ares is indeed unpleasant. One day off could mean a ton of setbacks with errands and chores, and missing out on a precious day with my quickly growing babe. Thankfully my amazing love and super dad swooped in to save the day by using one of his sick days from work. Together we were able to seemingly conquer the day... and by that I mean I slept for seven hours while he and the Ares hung out, intermittently nursing me back to health with their adorable shenanigans.


I know it sucks having to take the time off from work at the same time as being away from your baby, but it is still important to take care of your health too! Shout out to all the moms and dads [and all the family support systems] out there who put in that team effort to make everyday happen! It's not always gonna be seamless, but as long as we can be there for one another, I know my son will grow up knowing the importance of loving and taking care of himself as well as his family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping