Ode to the Dock of the Bay

Is there no haven from this blazing hell around me
Twenty six years I've been running with a bounty
Finally tripped and fell and now I fear the devil's found me
With his blue collared crucifix
I can't say I'm sleeping soundly
Instead I toss and turn so much
Even the sheep have started counting
And now one by one I can feel their weight surround me
Suffocating bullshit but they speak it so profoundly
Now I'm landing toe tipped, tripping over fine print
Every petty mistake was another dollar spent
And I've been breathing check to check
Yet I haven't smelled one cent
Instead I spent every second second-guessing what I could or should have done
Never noticing the little victories I've won
In between the schemes and the daily routines of another passing sun
Oh that sun, with a warmth I've just barely begun to feel
My daily eucharist, spiritual meal
Allow me to give forgive and heal
As I kneel down to the water at my feet
The cool and calm collection just to hush my raging heat
Yes here I shall remain til tomorrow's first ray
Might rise again and warm my sullen cheek

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping