Moonlight Fae

The tiny hairs along my arms and back stood up
As a cool breeze wandered through
Threading on my knitted sleeves
But the stubborn clouds remained unmoved
Stationery and picturesque against the watercolored sky
Illuminated only by the last surviving strands of sunlight
And the combative street lamps sparking dim halos
Down every darkened street corner
Rays of hope for the lost and forgotten
I myself was lost in that moment of leaning into the young night's wind
Allowing her to brush against my cheek
And caress my ears with her sweet nothing whispers
A soft-spoken devil
Leading me towards the tempest
With bright starry eyes and a daydream heart
And entitled afflictions pumping through curious veins
I was never the same after that moment
Awakened with the utmost clarity of where I wanted to be
Forever lost within the night
The night forever darkening the best in me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping