Lover's Quarrel

Love is a crutch
Of which I know much
Cause I've broken just about every piece of myself
That my tired soul could touch
Now I'm splintered and still aching for a lift
Retired your soggy shoulder
Now just looking for a calm place to sit
So we can hash out all the indiscretions
All our half-eaten words and misconceptions
Both bull headed and stubborn, but with soft beating hearts
Both blind, deaf, and dumb, but still bleeding for the stars
Love is this pain that keeps striking at me still
Constantly testing my short patience and lack of will
My selfish stance now sacrificed at two broken knees
Yet every reverie reminds me of why it's you I need
Every good deed comes with an expectant reprieve
Every incepted seed comes with a silent scream
Compromise at every corner, but what is dignity?
Too proud, too selfish to consider the err in me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping