Tea

Speak your piece

Release


Until your sound waves

Hit my ears directly

I could not care less 

How you come at me

In willingly listening company 


You like the taste of my name

It’s no surprise

Roll her around on your tongue twice 

You’ve sampled this spice

A few times, I know,

Because I’m not afraid to share


My hands are shy,

My lips are not

They move constantly

Til all my truth lies bare

Heart stitched into cellophane sleeves

For full transparency 


Sometimes it takes a whip to be taught 

The difference between talking

And being heard


People just aren’t used to hearing about themselves

Sometimes they aren’t ready to receive the message

And that’s okay,

I’ve never spoken thoughts to backs

More than faces

And my door is always open


You got tea you wish to share

Something to wash from your hair

Come here,

and spill it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping