Relationship In a Bottle

I was a message in a bottle floating off to sea
Crying "Help, I'm drowning in my sorrows and I can barely breathe"

You were a shipwreck across the shore
Trying to put your pieces back together
With a habit of finding storms
Amidst clear skies and sunny weather

The ocean reminded you of a time that was better
So you feared to leave her side
In hopes one day you could still be with her
Kick off from her harbors again once the storm within you died
And you could fill your sails with the memories of her salty sea air
Tumble back into her currents like waves of soft brown hair
Tucked coyly behind a young maiden's ear

I found your splintered planks and torn sails
With a storm turned simply to gray skies
Melancholy tales
Written to tunes sung from sad eyes

My bottle had been emptied
That message now ravaged by salty tides
Carrying nothing but a whisper of liquor
To burn away the pain inside

Still, I recognized your beauty from a distance
A glimmer of that storm and a taste for new beginnings
Fear of the undertow always kept you from swimming
But I caught you peering out from the empty pier
With a compass and a daydream
I offered you a place of solace
To rebuild your ship within me

My space is small, but protected
My glass is cold and hard
Slightly fractured at the neck a bit
But I know I could still take you far

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Origins

Co-ping