Bittersweet Company

Thank you for your honesty
Honestly, I'm sorry
That you think so little of the survival rate of our potential
I'm not trying to project your mental
I'm simply caught up in the sentimental
When it seems you're more haunted by the sentiment of the possible coming regret
The strongest weapon in your arsenal

Fear of falling
You'd rather trip us before the foghorn blows
Who knows what this is or even what it could be
But I'd let myself melt like puddy
In your hand
Time and time again
If I thought it would make you understand
That I am more than just your favorite in-betweens
Who knows we could be the best fit all around
You'd rather linger on your doubts so you won't even allow
Those thoughts to become a wrinkled furrow in your brow

Scared of the sound
When we tend to disagree
You keep me on the ground, and I just want to sweep you off your feet
As fleeting as the love may seem
Perhaps it's what has allowed us to not lose steam
Or lose the integrity
Of our beings
Inside the safety of never truly knowing

You felt I was being mean and condescending
I felt desperately like the only one who was defending 
That which you cannot comprehend as anything more than a fantasy

You've loved and lost twice as hard, that's tough
I'm not trying to convince you to trust me with your heart
Because what do I really know about this stuff
Anyway
Familiar with feeling like I'm simply not enough
To take a chance on or even let the idea marinate
Fear of drowning when we've barely begun to wade
Still, I feel a willingness to wait
For this passion trite affections couldn't satiate
For deeper feelings undefined by desires below the waist..
What a waste to bite your tongue when you've just barely had a taste
I'd wait a thousand lifetimes just to revel in your embrace
Compound the sanctity of our space
Unrestricted to the confines of a specific place
We could grow into these feelings and still remain safe..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Origins

Co-ping