June 20th Journal: 5am Thoughts

I am plagued by thoughts of loneliness
Though I am not alone
I have my son,
I have my friends,
I have my work,
And I have a community which loves and fulfills me...
But in this moment,
I don't have you

I told myself I would never want to possess nor restrict you from the very world which made me fall for you,
And I don't...

So when I say "have" I guess what I really mean to say is "half"

'Cause that's exactly how much of myself feels missing in your absence

Since I've met you,
(Like truly met you with all eyes open)
I feel insatiable for your presence
I see now why they call gifts presents because to be truly present in another's life is one of the greatest gifts the universe could bestow upon an individual

It's in these thoughts that I meet you once again
You could be anywhere in the world, and you are,
But tonight, I selfishly keep the thought of you closely to my heart
Resounding in my mind
Giving me peace in wholeness

How the moon remains whole
Even when part of her is hidden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping