Personal Study

I am the sum of these parts
Wearer of scars,
Collector of hearts,
Creator of systems and stars
Universal utero
Third dimensional antihero

Now
Subtract the overblown ego
Add all my past transgressions I can't let go
Multiply my spirit by romance and wine
Divide my efforts by space and time

I am the sum of these parts
An effortful collection
Once fearful of death in nothingness
Realized resurrection
Through the depths of introspection

I am Light
Casting your shadows in every direction
Skewed from the mould we were built in
Original sin
Plagued darkness
In the vast abyss of the cosmic

I'm not the same being you once saw
Radiantly beaming between the empty spaces
Light years ago
Surrounded by different faces
Who have since shone and passed
Self-destructed
Supernova blast

They say this life is fast
But it is preciously finite
Celestially eternal
Balance of both Shadow and Light

Mortal plight
Lessons for third sight

Revolutions have not made me wise
Though they have moved me where I stand
Find myself when I close my eyes
Channel through my hands
My struggle has graduated beyond strife-inspired rant
Reflection in the eyes of the Hierophant
I humbly accept what I can and what I can't

Comments

  1. too self-serving. not hard-hitting enough. not a true reflection on flaws. more so a statue sculpture dedicated to oneself. the first stanza is a nice opening.
    March 10, 2019
    PERSONAL STUDY
    I am the sum of these parts
    Wearer of scars,
    Collector of hearts,
    Creator of systems and stars
    Universal utero
    Third dimensional antihero

    Now
    Subtract the overblown ego
    Add all my past transgressions I can't let go
    Multiply my spirit by romance and wine
    Divide my efforts by space and time

    I am the sum of these parts
    An effortful collection
    Once fearful of death in nothingness
    Realized resurrection
    Through the depths of introspection

    I am Light
    Casting your shadows in every direction
    Skewed from the mould we were built in
    Original sin
    Plagued darkness
    In the vast abyss of the cosmic

    I'm not the same being you once saw
    Radiantly beaming between the empty spaces
    Light years ago
    Surrounded by different faces
    Who have since shone and passed
    Self-destructed
    Supernova blast
    that one is good too with cosmic blast imagery.
    ending leaves a lot to be desired

    nothing concrete to grab onto

    no true look at ugly sins. seems wordplay to me. avoidance of a look in the mirror

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping