The Writer's Quill

I wake up wanting to touch you
Feel your breath between my fingertips
Warm contrast
To cold exteriors
Begging for forgiveness
As we brush against these strange sheets
Tainted with secrets you've carried for me

Midnight reveries
Distracting thoughts
Become my normalcy
Insatiable love letters
Whenever I hold these hands together
In prayer
In between nights shared,
Pillow talk, and sweet nothings
All which remains..

Reflected solace and tear stains
Private conversations

Sensations
Begin to surface

Quick fix
Whenever I'm feeling nervous
Questioning correlation
Between my dreams and purpose

You know me
Like no one ever has
Still I love you in anguish and impasse
Not once have you complained
Told me how heavy the burden
To bear my pain
Because you love me
Like no one ever has
And when I touch you
My tension dissipates
As I can finally relax

Unwind with the subtle flick of your movements
Tracing syllables unspoken
Rendering this poet useless
When the tongue no longer speaks
Only in unison can our spirits sing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping