102 by Noon

I am a pitcher of ice cold water
Cause on these hot summer days
People be looking at me
Thirsty
As fuck
But just because your brain is sensing
Just exactly how refreshing
I can be
Please, don't start waving your empty cup at me
You see, it takes a lot for me to feel fulfilled
And I've already had one too many spills
Of this precious
Wet
Mess
Of mine
Far too many times
Has a weary, dehydrated mind come to me cryin'
Miming gestures
To suggest his weather
Has made him conjecture
That I might be the kind of drink that could make him feel better
But I can't, I'm sorry,
However tempting
I've just barely gotten over feeling "half-empty"
For so long and now I am finally accepting
This mess of mine
For the enlightening tingle I can send in wrinkles thru your spine
With nothing but the touch of a well-placed rhyme..
Drink me in
With my waterfall of emotion
If and when
I decide to share my condensation
Until from your own skin, I drip
Like the way my words
Find themselves draped upon your lips
Beware that you might drown like all the others
There've been no survivors from any of my 'ships
And tho I know I probably am as refreshing as your mind likes to equip
I can tell that you still ain't even ready for a sip

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping