I'm Sorry It Might Take Me A Little While To Fully Reconcile

I've stopped trying to hide behind gritted teeth, clenched fists, and jabs
But to be honest, my heart still itches from all the scabs
And aches from deep wounds that can't be soothed by guitar tabs
Sometimes I think of things that we've said to each other
For a while could've sworn we were dead to each other
Words always remained unheard by each other..
Unheard and unspoken
At least not in a way that wasn't broken
Oops, that's a double negative
Like two people unable to forget
So how could they forgive
But life goes on,
And we both continue trying to put one foot in front of the other in the same direction
Up
Uphill and upset
But somehow still positive..
Starting not to feel like I'm drowning in regret,
Or like I'm only existing to outlive my emotional debt
For promises unkept and nights left unslept..
With so many long shadows, I find this new brightness hard to accept

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping