Come on Baby Light My Fire



I've heard that one of the more difficult parts of adjusting to parenthood is trying to find a balance between being a nurturing, new mother and still being a flirty, vivacious wife. I most definitely share in this sentiment! Don't get me wrong, it's not that my husband and I have lost attraction towards each other in any way. However, the healing process from a c-section birth can be long and grueling, and the process of feeling physically comfortable, let alone sexy and confident, might seem out of reach for a while.



Becoming a mother is one of the most amazing blessings that a woman could receive, but the physical repercussions can be a little more than overwhelming. You find yourself wondering things like "will sex ever feel the same again," "how does my vagina plan to survive this," "is the remaining carnage I call my skin ever going to see the sun in a skimpy bikini again?" No matter your questions or concerns, I promise you that you are not alone in pondering these things. One thing I'm constantly having to remind myself is that I am allowed to be a mom AND have sex appeal. I feel that maintaining a healthy sexual relationship with your significant other will allow the two of you to accommodate the constraints and compromises of parenthood without losing your romantic connection.

Now when I say "relationship," I mean this both emotionally and physically. Be honest to yourself and to your partner regarding how you're feeling you'd like to be shown affection. Sometimes you may just be feeling like an intimate night of cuddles and comforting back/foot rubs, and that's more than okay! Just remember that hubby deserves some affection from you as well, so just stay communicative and considerate of what each other needs. Keep in mind, this is just what I have found works for me and my husband. There may be different circumstances for everyone, but I truly believe that all can be manageable with communication and transparency.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping