Ares

You see a vision in her eyes
Sparkling white but mesmerized
A future she's dreamt of a million times
A life that's inspired a million rhymes
Incessant lines of what possibilities may come
But with it now before her, does she come undone?
I've risen anew with countless burning suns
And yet I feel my days have only just begun
For a new sun burns most brightly within my gut
The new life of he who could open every door that I have shut
Rebuild every bridge out of the ashes and the soot
Weave every fray together from every line I may have cut
And with these rewoven ties, I provide a place he could call home
As safe, warm, and protected as his space within my womb
A calm embrace assuring that he'll never be alone
For my son, my world, the greatest love I've ever known.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping