Abrupt Reflection [GLIMPSE]

Brain tired and dead
Everything thought has already been said
Where is my muse?
Still bitter and bitching from my mental abuse
I'm sorry and still full of excuses
Nothing to show but a collection of exes
Now I've vexed myself into a standstill
Hand well acquainted with the perch upon my windowsill
Is there a life beyond this daydream still?
Always hungry, soul famished, can't get my fill
Led Zeppelin lyrics like fortune cookie crumbs
Chiseled a fingerprint atlas upon my thumb,
Life's lessons on my tongue
And with a drippy drop it leaves me feeling numb
I never said I was a good girl, but I'm a soul with good intentions
Always skated by with an honorable mention
Now I'm slipping down a blue ribbon road with red lining
Gold star pin, but I'm not shining
My faint glimmer follows as I chase the sun
Like on a merry-go-round I'm dizzy and spun
Lain out and gutted with my stitches undone
And maybe some say "vulnerable" like they meant to say "weak"
But I cannot digest the negativity they speak
I've gone deaf to all the bullshit, and blind to what the devil seeks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping