Breathe

Inhale your strife, so dry and tight-mouthed,
To exhale a triumph, sparking wildfire into every tendon
Every sinewy circuit alive and loud
Extending your branches wide and out towards "heaven"
That's when I saw through the clouds, looking beyond and within... I saw true Light
A spark of fight that was only learned on a stretch of endless nights I called my adolescence
Sharpened my senses, and shed the pretenses of a town too cool for the extraordinary,
Too weary of the curious mind of which they were not familiar,
Questioning a life that was [and always will be] all, but linear
For as I grow and progress, I must also die and digress
Rise and fall again like running short of breath
Yet still I breathe, [even amidst the dry heave]
The thickness in the air is more than what I could conceive
I remain an air warrior, a nomad and priest
See my starving people crumbling to their feet
No, I do not weep for them
I celebrate with them in spiritual feast
Blessed are we who struggle and have felt defeat
For only we can harbor true strength and find our inner peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping