Let Go

 Somewhere deep inside me I am that little girl screaming on the floor of a pitch black bathroom. Where no one is coming looking for me. Where I am too much of not knowing why I am here and why no one wanted me. Why HE never wanted me. And that is okay. That little girl needs a hug. She needs to be seen. She needs love. She is not I anymore. I am powerful enough to not seek to be seen. I am, and in being, I am beheld. In loving, I am loved. I AM LOVE.


Look, at how far we’ve come. Six and a half years ago I was living out of my car not knowing when the next time would come that I could hold my son. LOOK at how far we’ve come. From falling asleep to car alarms and gunshots out the window to a place to call our own, a place we turned into home. Look at how far we’ve come. EYE picked myself up and threw me over my own shoulder to climb this mountain. Feet bloody, face stained in tears and sweat. EYE did that. EYE stared death in the face and she looked back and shook her head and said nah, she’s not done yet. Look how much fight she’s got left. LOOK AT HOW FAR WE’VE COME!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Which Apocalypse Are You Rooting For?