Origins

I’m not crazy,

weathered at worst


Like early days of earth

Rubble rock birthing life from 

violent destruction

Fires burning molten in the underbelly

of my origins

Bubbling beneath cracked surfaces

Where I oftentimes appear stable


My heart is a volcano

Bursting at the seams where new ground must form

Former foundations crumbling,

splitting like Pangaea 

Where connections we once had

feel like nothing more than distant history


Evolution of man

How he crawled out of water

to feel sun upon his face

How I would wait hundreds of thousands of years 

In hopes he’d emerge from darkness to find me


Staring out into space

The nostalgia of quiet combustion

Peering into past lives in the distance

Knowing most of what I know to be beautiful is dead


I am a supernova 

Bursting at the seams where new life may form 

Gathering masses from stray debris

Gasses and gravity

Nebulous love

Pulling together new solar systems 

in ancient designs and unwritten formulas


Life is messy

Somehow we find a way to fall in love with her ugly

How I always find myself back in these pages pondering

If I can create something beautiful and new

without completely falling apart first


I’m not crazy,

weathered at worst

But I hear fertile ground is formed most easily from scorched earth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping