Crossroads

When life throws you lemons

You make lemonade…

What happens when life throws you

Salt, strawberries, and a hint of shade?

Baby, you just go straight ahead and make that shit show cocktail


No, for real,

I’ve been almost completely sober for about 48 hours

Thinking this lack of chemicals would have me thinking clearly

But all that’s been revealed is that I’m clearly fucked up regardless


It seems I crave chaos more than citrus 

Finding doubt in most things without a subtle taste of destruction

Rule me guilty of DWI

Dating Without Intention

One slip of your tongue

And my heart has fallen under construction

Suddenly you’ve slid from DMs into detours

Even gps can’t seem to navigate 

The blocks I create between us


I’m staring at these crossroads

Wanting to jump into the ocean

Hoping to speed evolution

Growing gills and galavanting with all these damn fish people want me to find

This bowl has gotten smaller and smaller

With every octopus whose ink has fueled my pen

Tentacles creeping from every corner like a bad hentai


Is it too much to ask

For God to simply stitch wings into my back

Because I’ve never done well with gravitational restrictions of this so-called love


If I ever fall again

I’m going full Shel Silverstein 

Because the sidewalk always eventually ends

And there’s no direction I’d rather go than up

To get a better view of your attic

And make sure the light is really on


The Giving Tree was toxic as fuck y’all…

Was her Lilith was in Libra or something?

Because that ungrateful little boy really played her ass


If that’s what love is, I’ll take a hard pass

A hall pass to the library to find a new love story,

Or a class to deter me from my next relapse into heartache 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping