Sometimes

 Sometimes

I forget what exhilarates me

Heart pumping

At every caught glance

From across a crowded room


My heart doesn’t flutter like it used to

At the menial woos

Of courtship


I admire

How you do it

The feeling I get

when you plant seeds of connection

Between us

Without a single syllable uttered


When I wake up, I glow

Unafraid that your love

May have snuck out my window

Before sun struck horizon


The only lying you do 

Is across my bed

Head in my lap

Fingers tracing roadmaps

Through light brown strands

Roundabouts of freckles

trailing along your back

and face


I never have to question whether or not you will stay

Whether your eyes feel the need to wander away

With any pretty feather blowing about before the summer rain


You and I fell in the throes of desert heat

Rising with the sun

Outstretched spires like daisies 

Blossoming from salt strewn paths


Dry beds accustomed to the company of fleeting strangers

Comets with wakes of stardust of those they burned along the way

Empty conversations and disingenuous laughs


Black hole of a year and a half

Had me finally seeing 20/20

Hindsight turned to foresight

When I held you before me

Feeling our constellations forming

Storms turned to paradise skies

Clouds amidst early mornings

And tired eyes

I’ll always keep you entirely too warm at night

Just to kiss the sweat off your fingertips

When you hold your hand to my cheek

Press your face into palms of feet

My body is your favorite prayer

Your touch is my love poetry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping