I Love You

It starts in my chest

That tight breath 

Like I’m gasping at a chance to tell you

I really love

your energy


Chemistry 

Bubbles and boils

In sea foam memories 

Of you and me

Lifetimes ago

And presently


I feel like I’ve loved you forever

With eternity left to go 

Delicately laced

Into our hand holds 

Blanket folds

Of smiles and cold toes


Intersected legs

Crossed knees

Buckling with every squeeze

Your chest hair is my favorite pillow

Your eyes are my favorite seas

Your lips a lighthouse

Guiding me home

With whispers of warmer waters

Softer sands

Slipping thru our hourglass afternoons

Tracing curves

Learning freckles

Like phases of Moon


Swooning currents

Making gifts out of presence

Spells in every sentence

Enchanted tunes


I love

Everything about you

Your voice, your touch

The way you move

Through thoughts of raindrops and blues,

Hazy daze and psychedelic hues


I love

Your mind,

The way you spend your time

Behind sound boards

And dog-eared pages


You are more black knight 

Than mage

More cannabis clouds

Than smudging sage


Yet there is magic

in everything you create


I love the comfort in your silence

How you read between my lines

I love how you always look at me

Like it’s the first time

I love how hard it is to leave 

I love how much you love me 

I love you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping