You are

You are

The smell of americano with a dollop of cream

After a night of no sleep

And ten hours of captivating conversation

Tongues twisting

Eloquent entendres 

Tiptoeing around true intentions

Like the Russian ballet


Apple bitten

For a taste 

Of the forbidden

Fighting midnight cravings

To feel your arms around my waist

Smitten in your branches,

Planted in the depths of your embrace


This forest feels like home


Funny how love tends to blossom

When we finally feel peace

in time spent alone


I had stopped to smell the flowers

Growing from gravel paths

Beholding beauty in dandelion’s mane

Flourishing amidst patches of untrimmed grass

They never wanted her

But watch how she grows

Wildly blessing wishes

Whenever the wind blows


Unexpectedly

You were brought to me

A feather in the breeze

Once soaring on the back of nature’s melodies

Before unwillingly released

Ruffled and tossed

Feeling lost

Amongst fallen leaves

Fluttering

For a taste for ink 

And whispers of poetic prophesies


To me

You sound like the low hum of vinyl threading

Before the music starts

How I find myself in knots

Anticipating your name flashing across 

A dimly lit screen in corners of the dark


Your heart

Is so uncommon

It doesn’t even make sense

In a world asking for dollars

Yet always offering their two cents

You actually pay attention

Exploring my labyrinth 

Like a valiant quest

Through carefully crafted vowels and consonants

I don’t ever expect perfection

But you seem to maraud and travel

With the grace of God Himself

How you’ve stolen my affections

Wandering the different facets

Of my curves and hidden gems


Luckily

You stumbled upon me

whilst watering my roots

Invested in living my truth

Rising in love

where I’d previously fallen a time or two 

The point is these scales have tipped

More times than I’d care to recall


With you

Feeling balanced comes easily

You bring lightness to my fantasies

Darkness revealing clarity

Through the fire of our chemistry

Well-versed in heartbreaks

Accompanied by the percussion of 808 beats

There is something alarmingly disarming about your transparency

I no longer feel triggered by the thought of emotional intimacy 


I cannot tell you what the future holds

Only that I can feel myself unfolding

Like the dog eared pages of our untold story

Neither strangers to the cold

Nor the touch of thoughts to quill

Every day brings me closer to you still

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping