Tell me

Tell Me

Does it hurt now

For you to see me shine

In the same light

To which you turned your blind eye?


I hope you don’t mind

Spilling the beans in retrospect

To your disrespect

I once forced myself to accept

A dialect of resentment

I’ll never forget

It used to leave me triggered

Flinch whenever someone pointed a finger

At me in the form of “I love you”

Wounds turned into scars

Which turned into armor

Hardened around my heart

Finally cracked open and shed the skin

Of my former pain

Two dewy painted wings emerged

Like stunning glass stained

In the very blood drawn

from those muddled reflections 


Back then

You were so comfortable in your projections 

As I received them

Willingly without grounded stance, nor protection

I believed the words you said

Claimed them as my own self definition


Now I am proud to say

I’ve outgrown this limited diction

Friction truly proven

menial to my flames

Repeat the same phrases,

No longer received the same

I cannot recognize your abuse when addressed next to my name


My name belongs to God

Now only She can call upon me

I don’t even need to flex to prove your disposition faulty

I feel neither pity nor curiosity

To know you haven’t changed at all

Expansion allows me to see the parts of myself still reflected in your gall

Your bitterness and squalor

My gray scale now turned to color

See how everything sparkles in rainbow hues

Familiar with my shadows, and the fade of blacks and blues


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping