In Spires (A Reflection of Love)

Every dawn brings hope of enlightenment
New lessons upon old faces
Thankfully becoming less of who I was
and more of who I've always been
Present

Presence
A gift by any other name

No longer finding Love
enfolded in the creases of old poems
Notebooks I never finished
before being tantalized by cute covers at discounted prices

How Love scribbles upon the hearts of ripped out pages
incomplete prose withered at the frays
Burning away all but choice phrases
of tumultuous days and the wisdom they left behind

Love tries to hang on in hackneyed quotations
Washed in the glare of sunrise reveries

Sometimes I catch myself
lingering in the twilight
between darkness and daybreak
Desperately trying to hold onto last night
as she fades with the starlight

Sun graces pores with the outpour from every fingertip spire
Cascading across all which once took refuge in the moon shade
Painting poetry in her gilded pen
Love was never meant to be kept
Paperless romance of God's creations
The only Love we ever needed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Origins

I don’t want to write poetry anymore I just wanna talk shit

Co-ping